Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A Panorama of Blessings

I was "on duty" the other night in the Eicher Home, reading with the kids and praying with them before they went to bed. After they hit the sack I spent a few quiet moments sitting upstairs just looking around and reflecting on God's goodness. There are so many reminders in that home of his love and provision. There are several cross stiches on the walls, given lovingly by Marie Hagfors. Marie is the grandmother of Lindsay Hoeft, who is working here for a year. Marie made more than 40 of these works of arts for all our homes. In the corner is a large mobile made by visitors Nancy Thielen, Becky Hallstrom and Mary Mork a couple years ago. On the bookshelves are many volumes, all sent to us by thoughtful friends in the U.S., Singapore, Hong Kong and Canada. Some of the kids were playing with puzzles and board games, all of which came over in boxes from the States, compliments of friends of CSC. Several of the kids were wearing tee-shirts with Cherry Hills Community Church (one of our faithful supporting churches) on the back. Every part of that home, and our other residences, has the mark of our supporters on it and in it.

As I was getting ready to pray with the kids I inquired about who we should pray for. Some mentioned the sick kids or the staff or their birth families. One girl said, "supporters!" Our kids know that there are people behind all of the good things that they enjoy. We talk to them about all of you and encourage them to thank God for you and what you mean in their lives. For tee-shirts, art work, books, food, medicine....everything that they have here at CSC.

We really want to raise children and young adults who are thankful people.

As I was praying

1 comment:

Judy Okongo-Gwoke said...

Thank you for sharing. My brother and I visited you and some of the kids in April 2009. We are the niece and nephew of Tom and Stani Runyan. I think of you and all the children often. Know that we are still praying for you all.

~ Judy Okongo-Gwoke