Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Mindanao Massacre
The other day 46 people were murdered in Mindanao. I'm not sure exactly what to say. It is beyond comprehension. 46 people were slaughtered just because they were going to file the election eligibility papers for a candidate for governor of a province in Mindanao, an island in the southern Philippines. The number included many women and some journalists. Some were beheaded. Many were shot and thrown in a mass grave. This was something that was planned and carried out with military precision, seemingly to help some politicians keep power in the region. This evil is beyond my ability to comprehend. Sorry I can not add a single meaningful insight. I'm numb.While we are used to ramdom violence during election seasons here, this was even beyond the wildest nightmares of even the most seasoned observers here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment