Monday, March 12, 2007

Visiting Churches

Marlys and I have been busy speaking in churches, giving updates on the ministry and thanking those who support CSC so generously. Here are a few of the churches we've visited recently:

Central Baptist - St. Paul Emmanuel Baptist - Mora, MN Trinity Baptist - St. Paul, MN
Little Log Church - Palmer Lake, CO Cherry Hills Community Church - Highlands Ranch, CO
Hillman Baptist - Mora, MN

Speaking in churches is a big part of what we do while in the U.S. I have to say that preaching is not my strongest suit. I prefer the work that I do in Cebu to doing public speaking or promotional stuff. The thing that makes it enjoyable for me is knowing that many of the people that I am addressing share our love and burden for the kids in Cebu, and our belief that the suffering of children is unacceptable. That makes things fun. There has never been a time in 27 years of being involved in promoting CSC that I haven't felt energized in front of a group. It is truly a privilege to represent the ministry and to be able to go to churches and thank the people who support CSC so generously.

No comments: