Thursday, February 8, 2007

To the Rockies

I'm off for Colorado tomorrow morning, after a brief breakfast meeting with Matt Buley. Matt just got back from Cebu and I know he's dying to tell me stories of the kids and his time there. From all I've heard it was a good visit and the staff, workers and kids enjoyed being with Matt and Theresa. My trip to Colorado will include a visit to an adoptive family who are great friends of CSC, a chance to speak in their church, and an opportunity to attend a dinner at one of our supporting churches in Denver. I'll be meeting lots of people and sharing about all the exciting things that are happening, and will be happening at CSC. Now that we have officially "kicked off" the capital campaign, my presentations will all include mention of the buildings we intend to build and the ministry opportunities that they will enable.

During the past week we had a chance to entertain some old friends, some more recent friends, and a family who will soon be adopting one of our boys. These people ranged in age from 10 years old to 84. The thing that they all have in common is that CSC has touched their lives. We often think about how our ministry impacts the lives of the children we serve, but CSC also brightens the lives of people who support them, those who visit CSC and serve on work teams, and those who adopt our children.

No comments: