We are having a Tweeting debate at CSC these days. Although we do not have a CSC Twitter account, there is some talk about the need to go in that directions in the future. We have decided to put an emphasis on getting the word of the ministry out through Facebook and our CSC website. We want to do that better, to put the message out in ways that will be favorably received. The whole world of "Likes" and "comments" and "hits" has come to CSC. We want to do it in a quality way, not flooding people with information, but realizing that many enjoy regular updates.
Bjork Ostrom is our man. He is an expert on social media and is dragging us (at least some of us), kicking and screaming into the modern age. People go to Facebook often. People read blogs. People respond to pictures and videos. Why shouldn't we use these tools to get people thinking about CSC?
But Twitter? I confess to having a bad attitude about that. In fact, I have been known to lampoon people who offer unsolicited personal information by offering up a "Tweeeeeeet" call. People laugh, often nervously, when I do that. They know I'm a dinasour, and my "tweeeeting" does nothing to curtail their verbal status updates or their use of Twitter to let their following public know what they're doing or thinking.
Maybe I'm way off. Maybe, come to think of it, this blog is a type of "tweet" in and of itself. It is certainly an unsolicited opinion. But its different, too. Hopefully, I don't use this forum simply to draw attention to myself, (where I'm going to eat; what I'm doing this weekend, etc.) but to highlight an issue or event that is important to CSC, and for which I might have an insight or an opinion.
Anyway, we are thinking about Twitter as a way to bring the day to day activities, prayer requests and important issues to people who may want to know about them. I'm kicking. I'm screaming. Help me out!
2 comments:
Calling out youth for their self-interested verbal tweets is a great public service.
Ok, gotta go grab some pizza with my coworkers! #winning
Loved Andrew's response! #LOL
Post a Comment