Monday, January 15, 2007

Westwood Conference

I just got home from my trip to Olympia, Washington, and the Westwood Baptist Mission's conference. I was able to share the ministry of CSC with lots of people and I was happy with the interest shown.

To be honest, I don't enjoy traveling. Maybe I'm getting old, but the flying and driving aren't as much fun as they used to be. But when I get up in front of a group of people who are interested in the Philippines and CSC, I get invigorated. It is exciting to tell people what God is doing in Cebu. I always tell about the changed lives and the stories of the children who come to live with us. I tell them about Kim, Ardian, Adelyn and Janice, and how CSC has had a life-changing impact on their lives. I notice people in the congregations wiping away tears as I tell about the ways that children have to suffer and the miracles that happen at CSC.
Sometimes I wish that some of our Filipino workers could be with me when I speak at a church. I wish they could help me tell about the ministry and see how interested and generous some people are. I think it would give them a new appreciation for CSC's support system and the work that goes on in the U.S. on behalf of the ministry.

No comments: